Add Experience Analytics Report To Launch Pad
The launch Pad was introduced in Sitecore 7.1, however in Sitecore 8 the Launch Pad has had a major over haul. The launch pad has become a major focus and one of the central interfaces for Stecore. The Launch Pad can be extended with new SPEAK applications and analytics charts. In this blog post I will walk through adding Experience Analytics reports to the Sitecore 8 Launch Pad.
As the Launch Pad is built using SPEAK to add to it you need to use Sitecore Rocks.
- Within the client item within the core database create a direcory to contain your SPEAK applications. In this exampe im using MikeRobbins to contain all my SPEAK applications.Create a directory to contain your extensions for the Launch Pad, and add two folders one for Layouts and one for Parameters.
Create Directories in the client folder
- Within the Layout folder create a new Item of template Speak-BasePage and name it after the report your added to the Launch Pad.
Add new SPEAK Page
- Edit the layout details of your new Speak-BasePage item.
Edit layout details
- Add an additional rendering to the layout details. Choose the type of chart you wish to display on the Launch Pad. E.g. ExperienceAnalyticsAreaChart.
Add chart type rendering
- Within the Parameters directory create A new item based on the parameters of your chosen chart type from the previous step. E.g. ExperienceAnalyticsAreaChart Parameters.
Add chart parameters
- Within the Paramters item you can configure the type of chart you wish to display. Including:Metric: The parameters of the chart. E.g. Visits, value etc.TimeResolution: The default time frame. E.g. Daily,Weekly or monthly.Segments: What data to display. E.g. Campaigns, visits, top pages etc.
- Update the layout details of the Speak-PageBase and set the datasource of the report rendering to point at the parameter item created in the previous step.
Set datasource of the report rendering
- Now we can add the report onto the Launch Pad.Locate the Launch Pad under Client/Aplications/LaunchPad and edit the presentation details.
Update layout details of Launch Pad
- Add A ColumnPanel and set the columns to 6 as seen in the screen shot below. This will contain the chart component.
Add ColumnPanel to Launch Pad
- Add an SubAppRenderer to the ColumnPanel and set its datasource to the Speak-PageBase item created earlier.
- View the Launch Pad in the browser and the analytics chart will be rendered out.Currently no data appears to render on the initital load of the page. Selecting one of the filters will load data into the chart. I have raised this with Sitecore support to see if this is a bug.
Sitecore 8 Launch Pad