Registering A New Command
Registering a new Command within the Sitecore Content Editor
1. Create a class that implements the Command Class.
2. Add the new command to the Commands.Config, You need to specify a command name, the namespace and assembly of the command. (this must match the command for the button in the core database)
Extending Commands Config
3. Add a new button to the Ribbon in the core database. /Sitecore/Content/Applications/Content Editor/Ribbons/(SectionName).
Add new button
4. Set the click event of the new button to the command name you specified in the Commands.Config E.g. contenteditor:savePublish
5. Refresh the desktop and switch back to the master database.