Install MongoDB as a Windows service for Sitecore
To install MongoDB as a Windows service.
- Download and install MongoDB https://www.mongodb.org/downloads
- Run Command Prompt as Admin. CD to the directory containing the bin directory of your MongoDB installation. Usually "C:\Program Files\MongoDB 2.6 Standard\bin" on a standard installation of MongoDB.
- Run the following script to install MongDB as a service.
- Within the services snap in you will see the MongoDB service listed where you can start and stop the service. The service will be installed with the name you specified, however the display name will be set to MongoDB.
- You can uninstall the MongoDB service using the following command.